You will hear all kinds of advice when it comes to hair care. While your mother will advise you to apply oil on your hair, your hairdresser would recommend Moroccan oil, hair spa, and other kinds of hair products.
Before you subscribe to specific hair treatment, know that your diet plays a huge role in hair care. Natural Hair Care is not only about using natural, non-synthetic, and non-toxic hair products. Since hair cells are the body’s fastest-growing cells, they are also the most affected if you do not get enough nutrition.
To improve your hair’s health, do not forget to add iron-rich food in your diet. This food type includes cereals, soybeans, chickpeas, beans, pumpkin seeds, fish, and green leafy vegetables. To strengthen your hair, also include such protein-rich foods as yogurt, quinoa, peas, lentils, soy, milk, and cheese into your diet.
How else can you keep your hair healthy?
Here are the five simple hair care tips that can help you keep your hair healthy.
- Losing 100 to 150 hair strands per day is just average, so there is no reason to panic. To avoid excessive hair fall, avoid using styling products and hair dyes with toxic chemicals. Also, refrain from using shampoos with Sodium lauryl sulfate or SLS.
- Be careful when combing wet hair since it is delicate and highly-susceptible to breakage. Instead of fine bristles, use a broad toothed comb. Run the comb as gently as you can from the roots all the way to the ends.
- Avoid washing your hair daily, but if you can’t avoid it, generously apply Natural Hair Care conditioners on your hair ends. As much as possible, use the same shampoo and conditioner brand. Use cold water to rinse the conditioner from your hair. This mixture will keep your hair healthy and shiny.
- Read your shampoo label. Make sure to stay away from shampoos with sulfates.
Sulfate is the reason why shampoo lathers well. While sulfate can clean and remove dirt from your hair and scalp, many studies suggest that it can rid your hair of its essential oils. Also, sulfate is the reason why you feel a stinging sensation as your shampoo runs down your face. If you experience any irritation on your hair or scalp, consider a sulfate-free shampoo instead. This kind of care is effortlessly available with natural care shampoos.
- If your hair is dry, avoid coloring it. Then again, if you can’t stay away from hair color, use honey, chamomile tea, or lemon instead. These are fantastic hair lighteners. On top of that, these are all considered Natural Hair Care options since no synthetic ingredients are added.
Squeeze the lemon to make lemon juice and add water to it. Spray the mixture onto your hair. To rinse your hair, wash it with natural or organic shampoo and rinse with brewed chamomile tea. For convenience, choose hair products with lemon, chamomile, and honey.
To protect yourself from toxins and irritants, make sure you use natural hair products. Whether you have curly, wavy, straight, dry, or oily hair, there are several products with natural ingredients to maintain your hair.